Describing Archives: A Content Standard (DACS 2013) - data entry and CSV template¶
On this page you will find:
- Link to downloadable CSV template using ISAD(G) General International Standard Archival Description
- Description of fields used when entering or importing archival descriptions using DACS in a CSV file or entering the data manually.
DACS and the ISAD CSV template¶
At present, there is no DACS-based CSV template for importing descriptions into AtoM. However, because DACS maps so well to the International Council on Archives ‘ ISAD(G) standard, the ISAD CSV template can be used. The CSV mappings below will provide guidance on which ISAD CSV fields can be used to import your DACS-based descriptions into AtoM.
To download the ISAD(G) CSV template for AtoM, please visit our wiki page (link to come).
DACS is maintained by the Society of American Archivists (SAA), and is available at:
Information below includes:
- Template field refers to the default label for that field in AtoM
- CSV Column refers to the title of the related column in the ((ISAD) CSV template
- DACS Rule refers to the rule from the applicable standard and/or the instructions provided by AtoM.
- EAD refers to the field mapping to EAD
- Notes includes any other information needed for successful data entry or CSV import.